Through “Start Here, Get There,” HESC's goal is to educate students and their families about the importance of filing the FAFSA in a timely manner – the first step in applying for student financial aid.
FAFSA Site Coordinators Resources
- Download and print one or both of our posters to reach students and their families. Encourage your local community centers, libraries and government offices to display the poster in their public areas.
- Add your own information date, time and location of your FAFSA completion event.
- The Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act gives undocumented and other students access to New York State‐administered grants and scholarships that support their higher education costs. Eligibility and application information is found at hesc.ny.gov/dream. Download and print this flyer for students and their families.
- Use this form to apply free for federal and state student grants, work-study, and loans.
- Help your students understand how to update the FAFSA, if needed.
- If you have started to complete the FAFSA online but are unable to finish, you can save and complete it later.
- What to expect after completing the FAFSA.